Quantum Computing & Networking
Quantum Computing and Quantum Networking have the potential to profoundly change the computer and network science world. This page is to collect different ongoing efforts and our own place in that
world. As for the Systems and Networking Laboratory we are involved for four objectives:
- Architecture research for a hybrid classical and quantum compute and networking world combining the strengths of both worlds.
- Experimental testbeds for research and education in the field of trusted distributed data processing.
- Ethical issues surrounding this new technology.
- International collaborations
Currently dr. Paola Grosso and prof. dr. ir. Cees de Laat are associated
Some usefull things to know:
- in one way communications noice adds linear contrary to classical networking where it adds logarithmically.
- in two way communication degradation goes gracefully and can reach longer distances.
- noise about 2 db/km